Thursday, May 15, 2014

Collard Greens, mushroom and potato enchiladas with smoked paprika

 Collard Greens,mushroom and potato enchiladas with smoked paprika

My neighbor gave me a huge bag of collard greens,  normally I use it as wraps, or in soups, but today I wanted to make something different. I decided on Collard wrapped vegan stuffed cabbage with beluga lentils. I put the lentils to boil and sat down to check FB:), the rest is history so were my lentils, burned to the bottom of my pot! I looked around my fridge and pantry and this dish was born, pretty easy, satisfying, healthy and green!:)
4 Cups of collard greens
4 Cups of vegetable broth
1 Chopped onion sautéed
4 cloves of crushed garlic
10 baby bellas sliced or any mushroom 
2 large potatoes thinly cubed
1 diced tomato
6 tortillas
enchilada sauce of your choice 2
cheese of your choice
generous amount of smoked paprika
salt & pepper
guacamole to top

 I used Frontera Enchilada sauce from Whole Foods, you can make it at home, but if pinched for time, its a good alternative. Burritos are authentic Mexican Style. My choice of cheese was a vegan cheddar.











Sautee onions until translucent, add garlic, add sliced mushrooms, 1 tsp of smoked paprika, add sliced mushrooms, then sliced potatoes, julienned collard greens about 4 cups, and 1 chopped tomato. Cover with 4 cups of vegetable broth and simmer for 40 minutes. Add 8oz of cheese and a half of cup of enchilada sauce. Season with salt and pepper, add more smoked paprika if needed.






Pour some enchilada sauce in the bottom of an oven proof glass dish or any baking pan. Fill tortillas with mixture, pour remaining enchilada sauce over it, sprinkle another 4 oz. of cheese of your choice and bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees. Serve topped with spicy guacamole and steamed brown rice and hot sauce, of course!!
P

No comments:

Post a Comment